Thursday, December 17, 2015

Post 4 Free Themed Blog: My artistic project

Talk about your artistic project or your experience today during the tour. Choose one of the following topics

1. Mention:

What your project is about
Workshop and art professor
Techniques used
State of advance
Why you like your project.

2. Mention:

Talk about what you did today
What you had to do or explain to the class
Talk about how you enjoyed it
What things you learnt from the experience
 

Word count 190 words

Sample

Well, in my case, I like to write poetry. Currently I'm working on a book called "The burning Republic". Most of the poems are of a political nature because they talk about deep traumas of Chilean history and their impact on current morals and existential points of view that the poems envision as one of the prisms through which recent history can be understood. I don't belong to a workshop, although I've been to some in the past. I'm part of a literary and artistic group called Grupo Casa Azul based in Valparaíso whose main commitment is to uphold aesthetic values and a high level of criticism regarding arts, society and politics. We always help each other by reading and listening to everybody's texts and we criticize and make suggestions on how to improve. We also read a lot and have long discussions on what is happening in the country and abroad. Our approach is multidisciplinary and we try to establish connections and relations between the arts, literature, music, philosophy and other disciplines. Regarding technique, it's varied ranging from long free verse to short, very synthetic phrases similar to some English poetry. I think there is a constant flow between the two languages and their poetic history going on in my head and I think that makes me write better.
I really like to write because I can express lots of the things that go around my head. I don't do it for the money or the attention. I just let the words come out of my brain and through my hands. After a while I go back and make corrections to the text.
Well, I hope you learned more about me!! Bye

1 comment:

  1. Poetry! that is great! i think the poetry is very important is something happen inside the body, is coming of soul and spirit, are fellings very personal, regards!

    ReplyDelete